We are seeking software professionals to work directly with Broadway’s customers to engineer solutions for complex business problems using Broadway’s powerful technology. Broadway software consultants combine strong technical skills with interactive customer-facing business analysis, customizing and enhancing Broadway’s products to drive customer success in electronic trading. The role is ideal for engineers who want to get their hands dirty building systems while also learning new business domains, continually commanding both the big picture and the details. Broadway’s software consultants help customers realize their goals through sophisticated technology solutions, while also driving forward Broadway’s product portfolio that is transforming the way our clients do business.
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated applications for high-performance distributed trading systems
- Customize Broadway’s highly configurable products to assemble novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production and active adoption by customer users
- Perform business analysis and engage in day-to-day interaction with customer users (traders, developers, quants, technology and business managers). Consistently develop expertise in customer workflows and objectives and command understanding of the customer value being delivered.
- Proactively convey status to customers and seek mutually beneficial new opportunities
- Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. Instill confidence in Broadway at all levels at the customer.
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- Exceptional distributed systems programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive requirements gathering and quickly learn new industry domains and technology
- Strong communication and customer relationship management skills.
- Front office capital markets knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong self-management skills, initiative, and ability to juggle multiple disparate projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s preferred
- Candidates will face stringent technical interviews
- 3-5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- 1-3 years in a customer-facing and hands-on technical role
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus
Broadway Technology is a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions for electronic fixed income markets. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We hire developers who thrive on building the most advanced technology. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs, yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.