Want to change the way leading financial institutions do business? Are you interested in solving hard problems and seeing the impact of your efforts firsthand? Broadway is seeking a Financial Software Consultant to design and implement trailblazing solutions for premier global banks and hedge funds. This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas on Wall Street.
Our consultants analyze our customers business and technical problems, enhance and customize our products, and build new components to deliver our customers specific solutions meeting their unique requirements. Our consultants act as entrepreneurs and technologists, and enjoy problem solving and working with others. They must have the resilience and finesse to resolve whatever customer concerns arise, quickly and with poise. Depending on the scope of the engagements, the role will involve one or more customers. An interest and willingness to travel and spend time at customer sites is critical.
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated C++ applications for high-performance distributed trading systems
- Perform business analysis and engage in day-to-day interaction with customer users (developers, traders, IT/trading managers, and senior management). Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. Instill confidence in Broadway at all levels at the customer. Champion Broadway’s culture and development methodology within assigned projects/teams. Convey project status, issues, and risks effectively
- Be 100% responsible for successful deployment of new releases to production
- Follow through with customers to ensure quality of deliverables and releases fully meets expectations
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- Maximize customer capacity for “self-support” by continuously generating and improving knowledgebase content and other customer-facing developer and support documentation
- Exceptional object-oriented and distributed systems programming skills. C++, C#, or Java preferred
- At least one scripting language (C#, Perl, Python, Java, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Occasional travel to local customer sites.
- Strong working knowledge of software development best practices. Pragmatic, iterative approach to software development and design. Demonstrable success delivering complex software solutions. Ability to bring solution to 100% completion and transition it smoothly to support/maintenance. Ability to work within a highly fluid development environment with multiple active development branches
- Strong customer relationship management skills. Friendly, patient customer-facing demeanor. Ability to engage directly with all levels of business and technical personnel in order to discern, describe, and satisfy customer business requirements. Ability to discern when to employ tactical vs. strategic solutions
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities. Strong attention to detail, self-management skills, initiative, discipline, and follow-through
- Substantial knowledge of developing software for mission-critical, high-performance production environments, preferably in large-scale trading operations, particularly for interest rate products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s preferred
- Candidates will face stringent technical interviews
- 3-5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- 1-3 years customer-facing consulting
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus
Broadway Technology is a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions for electronic fixed income markets. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We hire developers who thrive on building the most advanced technology. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs, yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.