Do you want to develop game-changing technology – and find novel ways to make it better? Are you interested in helping us push the technological envelope? Broadway is seeking Senior Software Developers to develop state-of-the-art C++ trading applications for our groundbreaking high-performance automated trading platform.
This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas on Wall Street. You will play a critical role in the full development life cycle, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations.
- Design, implement, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, globally distributed systems
- Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. Work closely with customer-facing consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs. Champion Broadway’s culture and development methodology within assigned projects/teams
- Create and track project plans. Convey project status, issues, and risks effectively
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- Exceptional programming skills
- Exceptional distributed systems programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn a new industry and technology quickly
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong self-management skills, initiative, and ability to juggle multiple disparate projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Masters preferred
- Candidates will face stringent technical interviews
- At least 5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, Python, C#, C, Java)
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus
Broadway Technology is a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions for electronic fixed income markets. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We hire developers who thrive on building the most advanced technology. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs, yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.