Help us push the technological envelope
Broadway is seeking Engagement Leads to work directly with our customers to engineer solutions for complex business problems using our groundbreaking technology. We are a rapidly growing international enterprise software company built and run by engineers. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible.
Broadway’s solutions are built on the TOC, our core platform for scalable high-performance distributed computing. For over a decade, we’ve been using the TOC to build intelligent trading systems for leading financial institutions. We’re now starting to leverage the same technology to solve real-time problems across every industry.
You will help customers (premier financial institutions) realize their goals through our technology solutions, leading large scale and often long-term engagements from business analysis through to deployment, customer adoption, and ongoing customizations. This dynamic role combines multi-stakeholder customer relationship management, complex project / engagement management, and hands-on engineering management as you oversee teams of Broadway Technology consultants through to ultimate results delivery for our customers. As a key leader in our remarkably high-performing team of collaborative, talented software consultants who thrive on the business impact of their work, you will have significant freedom and self-direction to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope and create transformative value for customers.
- Manage the design, development, and release of sophisticated applications for mission-critical, high performance distributed trading systems, taking hands-on ownership for ensuring the details are being handled to achieve the overall intended scope
- Project manage large scale engagements to on time delivery, managing dependencies and overall timelines as you ensure teams of consultants are effectively meeting milestones and delivering customer impact on schedule
- Oversee multi-stakeholder customer relationships throughout the project lifecycle, developing trusted advisor status, managing expectations, and identifying areas for alignment on mutually beneficial new opportunities (ultimately serving as the tip of the spear for qualifying Broadway’s R&D initiatives)
- Customize Broadway’s highly configurable products to assemble novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production, active adoption by customer users, and smooth hand-offs to client services / support and account management
- Perform business analysis through interaction with customer users (traders, developers, quants, technology and business managers), developing expertise in customer workflows, objectives, and how our technology will best deliver value (including overseeing the development of technical requirements)
- Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction, instilling confidence in Broadway at all levels at the customer
We’re not just engineering systems, we’re engineering a company. Preserving our culture is the most important thing to us as we scale. It’s the way we come together to find the best solutions, and how we hold ourselves accountable to achieving our vision: delivering success for our customers and meaningful experiences for our people.
- Do Something Big: The future promises a lot—the Internet of Everything, smart connected cities, transparent markets, virtual medicine—but these advances require more than what's possible with conventional solutions. We’ve developed a new way to build distributed systems. For over a decade, we’ve used it to build complex trading systems for the world’s largest financial institutions, and now we’re starting to solve real-time problems across every industry.
- Blaze Your Own Trail: We’re at an exciting stage—small but growing fast. There are unprecedented opportunities to learn and lead right away. Whatever your goals, from heads-down development to collaborating with customers, from executing and streamlining our business to leading teams, from innovating new products to opening up new industries, or a bit of “all of the above", we’ll work together to get you there. There is no one path. You’ll have the freedom to follow your interests as they evolve.
- Solve Hard Problems: The engineering we do is complex—thousands of globally distributed components, vast amounts of fast-moving shared data, continuous real-time analysis and execution, always-on mission-critical performance. It ordinarily takes years to solve these problems (think aerospace or flight control) but that’s not an option for us. Our fintech executes hundreds of billions of dollars in trades each day, so there’s huge value in launching ideas fast. We invent smarter designs and smarter ways to develop and test, so we can innovate in quick cycles without compromising the exacting requirements inherent to the systems we build.
- Be Greater Together: We tackle problems no one could solve alone, so we’re here to learn from each other. Each insight is a springboard for the next. We encourage disagreement to achieve a greater outcome. But solving hard problems is only part of the equation—we hire people who inspire us and enjoy working together. The result is a team that truly “clicks”.
- Do the Right Thing: Building a healthy, lasting company starts from the inside out. Our progressive policies and practices foster transparency, integrity, openness, and forward thinking. We are deeply committed to building a company that empowers people, enables them to thrive throughout their careers, and do big things here.
- Goal-oriented individual with a tremendous ownership mindset who can navigate and problem-solve independently through people, process, and technology challenges; transcends mere customer satisfaction and task completion to deliver true customer success
- Hands-on manager balancing strong project management and coordination skills with a readiness to dive into the details and do whatever is necessary to ensure projects stay on track
- Dynamic relationship manager with exceptional communication who can build trust, manage expectations, and define optimal solutions for a diverse set of customer stakeholders (as well as internal stakeholders)
- Highly curious about both business and technology strategies, processes, and objectives; pushes past a surface-level understanding to gain a granular command of a variety of different ecosystems, translating effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas
- 5+ years in customer-facing positions with demonstrated experience leading technical engagements/projects including multi-stakeholder customer relationship management and solution design
- 3+ years of experience managing technical teams
- Understanding of software engineering principles with likely 5 or more years programming experience (expertise in Python, C#, Java, or C++ would be particularly good indicators) and/or extensive systems engineering experience
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Front office capital markets knowledge and/or experience with financial software or trading strongly preferred
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s preferred
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has over 150 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, and Waterloo. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.