IT Support Engineer
Broadway Technology is seeking an IT Support Engineer for our New York or Austin office who has the passion to help others and mature current processes through technology and automate support functions. The ideal candidate is someone who people are glad to see coming because they know that you’re always courteous, professional and empathetic. You are just as comfortable helping an intern as you are fixing problems for the CEO, to running a project from start to finish.
Additionally, you appreciate that not everyone “just gets it” with technology. You consider it a personal mission to help people get the most out of the systems they use to get work done. Removing roadblocks to others’ productivity gives you a sense of satisfaction. Constant learning and improvement are par for the course for you. You tinker with new ways to use technology tools and get more from them. You eagerly document and pass this knowledge on to others. You are never satisfied with status quo manual processes.
Broadway is a leading provider of high-performance trading solutions. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced systems to a who’s who customer list that includes the largest global banks. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions daily.
- Act as a primary support contact point for end-users with their desktops, laptops, desk phone and smartphones. This includes desk-side support services such as phone installation, movement or removal as well as the support of remote users.
- Provide assistance and training where required to help users resolve issues and improve productivity with their use of computer hardware and software, including printers, fax machines etc.
- Build user machines using automation to assure consistency and complete installation of all required software.
- On-board new users to the company, manage all aspects of their setup: account creation and permissions, e-mail account and group membership, file share services and remote access.
- Own the deployment of third party software, patches and updates to desktop and server operating systems and applications for security and functional improvements, including management of WSUS services.
- Maintain file share services including the allocation of permissions, creation and retirement of access groups and managing the backups of these services.
- Manage the corporate assets database, tracking all hardware purchased and own the accuracy of the database and perform periodic audits of the data.
- Manage on premise and cloud services to support corporate IT
- Configure and optimize monitoring of operating systems, software, and servers
- Plan and document business services and processes including redundancy and backup/recovery strategies
- Make recommendations for improving user experience and security
- Engage Vendors/Resellers to assist with projects
- Manage purchasing and licensing of hardware and software
- Adhere to Change Management policies for changes that impact corporate IT systems
- Other tasks as necessary
- Strong background in providing IT support in a professional setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated experience troubleshooting Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2008R2-2016, iOS, and Android.
- 3+ years’ experience managing Active Directory as an admin, creating users and access groups. Designing and deploying standard configurations or software via Group Policy
- Intermediate knowledge of networking experience is required, specifically the ability to use standard troubleshooting tools to diagnose and resolve user reported issues reaching network services as well as demonstrated ability to diagnose DNS, DHCP and end-user VPN issues.
- Experience with Antivirus deployment, configuration, and remediation.
- Experience building or using automated PC build processes, either via network PXE boot or local USB
- Experience documenting technical and user wiki guides/run-books/procedures.
- Some previous management of an internally hosted PBX, including the provisioning of new extensions, creating call groups and troubleshooting issues.
- Proven track record in automating repetitive tasks, building and deploying tools to streamline the Support and Administration functions.
- 3+ years of experience with IT Support, with Windows Administration duties. Standardizing configurations and deploying software package via group policy objects.
- Proficiency in workstation/laptop/server hardware (Dell, HP, and Apple preferred)
- Knowledge of Windows Server roles: Active Directory, DFS, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Certificate Services, NPS/RADIUS
- Knowledge of Office 365/MS Exchange product suite with 3rd party SPAM filtering
- Take ownership of tasks with minimal oversight
- Balance multiple projects with day-to-day responsibilities based on changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to teach and train others
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar discipline.
- Relevant Certifications: ITIL Foundation, Windows Server (MCSA/MCSE/MCITP on Windows 2008 or higher), VCP for vSphere v5 or v6, CompTIA Network+, Server+, Security+
- Experience with a Cloud SSO/SAML vendor
- Experience with Next-Gen AV product suites
- Experience with complex networking concepts such as VLANs, VPN, IP Subnets, etc.
- Experience with internally hosted or cloud VOIP telephone systems
- Experience with OS and 3rd party vulnerability scanning and patching
- Proven scripting background (preferably Windows PowerShell or Python)
- Experience working with ITIL based ticket systems
- Experience with VDI Infrastructure/Remote Desktop Services
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.