Broadway Technology is looking for a sharp System Administrator with Linux and Windows Systems administration who has Networking Experience or interest in Networking.
Broadway is a leading provider of high-performance trading solutions. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced systems to a who’s who customer list that includes the largest global banks. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions daily.
- Help to manage and administer Broadway’s global trading hardware and network infrastructure. Identify and resolve hardware and network failures/performance within both the trading environment and on the edge of the corporate network.
- Ensure the security of the trading and corporate networks. Remain current on information security best practices. Recommend and implement security tools, policies and procedures.
- Configure multicast networks, including Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense, IGMP and IGMP snooper.
- Build and administer hardware, network, operating system (Windows and Linux) and database layers powering advanced trading systems.
- Manage Active Directory in trading and corporate environments.
- Collaborate with customers and partner with technical teams to make changes to network connectivity.
- Create and maintain documentation for the colocation environments and user documentation for utilizing services.
- Manage short and longer term projects while owning day to day issues to resolution, keeping stakeholders informed of the issue status.
- Leverage and expand use of automation across all actives to build operational scale using Powershell scripting, Puppet and Ansible.
- Build and administer hardware, network, operating systems (Windows Server and Linux).
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status required.
- Superior Windows or Linux administration and troubleshooting skill sets.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills in hardware and networking.
- Unrelenting commitment to quality and exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical and organization skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing, best practices to enforce network and system security e.g. ISO 27001 / SOC.
- Knowledge of IP routing, VLANs, Access Control Lists and Network Address Translation.
- Demonstrated expertise in process and system documentation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Strong collaborative nature and the ability to support internal and external clients.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in telecommunications, computer engineering, or a related field.
- At least 4 years managing production Windows, Linux and networking infrastructure across multiple global sites.
- At least 4 year track record of scripting and automation demonstrating skill in multiple technologies.
- At least 3 years securing edge infrastructure with firewalls, IDS/IPS products and configuration of VPNs to 3rd
- Network routing inside, outside and between the company and external partners.
- Expertise in multiple vendor firewall, switching and routing technologies like Arista, Fortigate, Cisco, A10 Networks, or Citrix Netscaler.
- BGP & BFD setup as well as demonstrated experience troubleshooting.
- At least 4 years of experience in a senior role, managing switches and other network equipment at L2/L3, connecting international data centers, customer sites and market partners.
- Analyzing network data captures with tools such as Wireshark.
- VPN: between sites using IPSec as well as between users and sites.
- At least 4 years of experience in a senior role, managing windows devices.
- Past experience with maintaining network configurations with version control systems.
- Penetration testing experience is a plus.
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.