Lead Low Latency Network Engineer
Broadway Technology is looking for a sharp Lead Network Engineer who has experience designing resilient, mission-critical trading networks infrastructure for global trading organizations. Past experience in low-latency network design and management is a must.
Broadway is a leading provider of high-performance trading solutions. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced systems to a who’s who customer list that includes the largest global banks. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions daily.
- Manage Broadway’s global trading network. Identify and resolve network failures on both switches and servers and network performance within both the trading environment and corporate network.
- Ensure the security of the trading and corporate networks. Remain current on information security best practices. Recommend and implement security tools, policies and procedures.
- Configure multicast networks, including Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense and IGMP.
- Build and administer hardware, network, operating system (Windows and Linux)
- Manage Active Directory in trading and corporate environments.
- Collaborate with customers and partner with technical teams to make changes to network connectivity.
- Create and maintain documentation for network environments and user documentation for utilizing network services.
- Leverage and expand use of automation across all actives to build operational scale with use of Puppet and/or Ansible.
- Manage short and longer term projects while owning day to day issues to resolution, keeping stakeholders informed of the issue status.
- Lights out management, maintenance, and administration of HPE servers
- On call work and weekend work may be required.
- Very strong knowledge of IP routing, VLANs, Access Control Lists and Network Address Translation.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills in networking.
- Superior Windows or Linux administration (specifically RedHat and Centos) and troubleshooting skill sets.
- Unrelenting commitment to quality and exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical and organization skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing, best practices to enforce network and system security e.g. ISO 27001.
- Demonstrated expertise in process and system documentation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Strong collaborative nature and the ability to support internal and external clients.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in telecommunications, computer engineering, or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a senior role, managing switches and other network equipment at L2/L3, connecting international data centers, customer sites and market partners.
- At least 4 years managing production systems across multiple, global sites.
- At least 3 years securing edge infrastructure with firewalls, IDS/IPS products and configuration of VPNs to 3rd parties
- Network routing inside, outside and between the company and external partners.
- Expertise in multiple vendor firewall, switching and routing technologies like Arista, Fortigate, Cisco or A10 Networks
- BGP & BFD setup as well as demonstrated experience troubleshooting.
- Analyzing network data captures with tools such as Wireshark.
- VPN: between sites using IPSec as well as between users and sites.
- Past experience with maintaining network configurations with version control systems.
- Penetration testing experience is a plus.
- Python scripting is a plus.
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has over 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.