IT Support Analyst
Broadway Technology is seeking an IT Support Analyst for our New York office who has the passion to help others, fix complex problems, and automate support functions. The ideal candidate is someone who people are glad to see coming because they know that you’re always courteous, professional, and empathetic. You are just as comfortable helping someone in-person, over the phone, Email, IM, or screenshare. You are eager to contribute, learn, and understand the environment.
Additionally, you appreciate that not everyone “just gets it” with technology. You consider it a personal mission to help people get the most out of the systems they use to get work done. Removing roadblocks to others’ productivity gives you a sense of satisfaction. You tinker with new ways to use technology tools and get more from them. You eagerly act to address an issue and follow it to completion.
Broadway Technology is a leading provider of high-performance trading solutions. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced systems to a who’s who customer list that includes the largest global banks. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions daily.
- Act as a primary support contact point for end-users with their computers, network, VPN, phone, and access. This includes desk-side support services as well as the support of remote users.
- Provide assistance and training where required to help users resolve issues and improve productivity with their use of hardware, software, or access
- Build user machines using imaging technologies with automation to assure consistency, deployment speed, and current supported applications.
- On-board new users to the company, manage all aspects of their setup: account creation and permissions, e-mail account and group membership, file share services and remote access.
- Own the IT Support ticket queue, ensure tickets are closed in a timely manner and followed up appropriately.
- Maintain file share services including the allocation of permissions, creation and retirement of access groups and managing the backups of these services.
- Manage the corporate assets database, tracking all hardware purchased and own the accuracy of the database and perform periodic audits of the data.
- Manage on premise and cloud services to support corporate IT
- Configure and optimize monitoring of operating systems, software, and servers
- Plan and document business services and processes including redundancy and backup/recovery strategies
- Make recommendations for improving user experience and security
- Engage Vendors/Resellers to assist with projects
- Own asset management process and ensure accuracy
- Adhere to Change Management policies for changes that impact corporate IT systems
- Other tasks as necessary
- Interact with vendor technical support for systems issues. Participate in on-call support.
- Strong background in providing IT support in a professional setting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2012R2-2019, and other Operating Systems
- 2+ years’ experience supports Active Directory users, groups, and computer objects
- Basic knowledge of networking experience is required, specifically the ability to use standard troubleshooting tools to diagnose and resolve user reported issues reaching network services as well as demonstrated ability to diagnose DNS, DHCP and end-user VPN issues.
- Experience with Antivirus product configuration and endpoint remediation.
- Experience building or using automated PC build processes, either via network PXE boot or USB
- Experience using and creating technical documentation and user wiki guides.
- Basic understanding of a PBX or VoIP platform
- 3+ years of experience with Desktop Support, with Windows Administration duties. Standardizing configurations and deploying software package via group policy objects.
- Proficiency in workstation/laptop/server hardware (Dell, HP, and Apple preferred)
- Knowledge of Office 365/MS Exchange product suite with 3rd party SPAM filtering
- Ability to take ownership of tasks with minimal oversight
- Balance multiple small projects with day-to-day responsibilities based on changing priorities
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team.
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar discipline.
- Experience with internally hosted or cloud VOIP telephone systems
- Experience with Windows OS and 3rd party application updates
- Scripting knowledge (preferably Windows PowerShell or Python)
- Experience working with ITIL based ticket systems, such as Jira Service Desk
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.